Family Peer Support Services Program assists families whose children have special emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs by using a strengths-based, individualized care approach.
Join our team where you will ensure the successful operation, development and evaluation of the Family Peer Support Services program, while also developing and implementing activities that engage families in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Services or related field
- At least 2 years' supervisory experience
- Must be a Certified Family Peer Advocate
- Working knowledge of service provision in a Medicaid environment (including documentation, billing, and compliance)
- Ability to solicit, gather, and evaluate needs of families in the community
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement planned activities to open the door for family engagement
- Gather, track and present statistical data for programs
- Serve as liaison to Broome County Single Point of Access Committee
- Recruit, train and supervise Family Peer Advocates
- Conduct staff performance evaluations, improvement and disciplinary action plans
- Ensure compliance with MHAST's policies, including HIPAA's guidelines regarding PHI
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Operations and Program Excellence
Hours: Part Time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
MHAST is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and the community. In accordance with current CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities, employees continue to wear masks and take COVID-19 precautions.
- Do you consent to a background check, including NYS Justice Center, DMV, etc.?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Human Services or related field?
- Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Family Peer Advocate Certification (Required)
- One location