A licensed mental health professional that delivers community based mental health assessments and crisis de-escalation with an emphasis on reducing unnecessary hospital-based crisis service utilization in Broome County. Is responsible for the day to day operations, oversight, and management of the mobile crisis program.
- MUST possess a current NYS license to provide clinical mental health services (LCSW, LMSW, MD or PhD)
- Work experience of at least 3 years post license, preferred
- Ability to competently assess level of risk of harm to self or others
- Ability to respond to crises as they unfold in Broome County to include home visits/assessments
- Ability to de-escalate a wide range of crisis situations in a variety of community settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working with local law enforcement and community providers in a crisis situation
- Familiarity with Medicaid documentation and compliance, preferred
- Familiarity with the needs of culturally diverse and oppressed populations
- A valid NYS Driver’s license and driving record acceptable under the Agency’s insurance carrier
- Access to a reliable, registered and insured vehicle
- Must pass a background check to the satisfaction of the NYS Justice Center
- Must not be on the NYS Medicaid Exclusion List
- Provide mobile crisis services for community members experiencing an episode of psychiatric crisis, or who are otherwise behaviorally unstable; who may potentially be referred to a hospital Emergency Department, but who are instead diverted to more appropriate crisis stabilization services.
- Provide follow-up care to community members following provision of mobile crisis stabilization services. Follow up services can be provided for up to one month following a behavioral health crisis that meets the threshold of medium or high acuity.
- Retention of documents and maintenance of an audit trail compliant with Medicaid standards.
- Use of EHR or other IT platforms to share health information among clinical partners, including direct exchange (secure messaging), alerts and patient record look up.
- Adherence to standardized treatment protocols approved by the Clinical Governance Committee regarding the rapid de-escalation of behavioral health crises and coordination of alternative, community-based services, as appropriate.
- Participation in Care Compass Network (CCN) - sponsored trainings regarding treatment protocols for crisis de-escalation and May coordination of services immediately following crisis episode and during follow-up period.
- Participation in CCN - sponsored meetings to collaborate with other crisis service providers for the relevant territory covered, including the crisis phone (phone triage) provider, community-based crisis respite provider, and hospital-based observation, law enforcement and other relevant community service providers. Meetings will be scheduled as appropriate, and may be set up as conference call if necessary to accommodate attendance.
- Participation in community based meetings regarding the mobile crisis service
- Responsible for data tracking and reporting (monthly/quarterly/annually) to satisfy funding requirements.
- Responsible for the supervision and personnel management of the other crisis intervention specialists and case managers working in the mobile crisis program. This may include occasional after hours calls.
- Is a member of MHAST senior leadership and attends meetings accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Operations and Program Excellence
Status: Full time, exempt
Salary: TBD, based on experience
Schedule: Can include day, evening and some weekend hours – based on program needs and the specific position hired for
This position will travel regularly throughout Broome County, so a significant number of work hours may be spent providing services directly in the community. This position requires the ability to navigate physical space to include stairs. The position works collaboratively with multiple community partners.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: Heather Nower, Director of Operations & Program Excellence, 47 Broad Avenue, Binghamton, NY 13904, email@example.com